- rigging guide License: Caving Guides Size: 29.21 KB
DCA Caving Guides
DCA only installs and maintains fixed anchors (BP and Eco-anchors). Please report any defective anchors to the DCA .
The DCA does not install or maintain fixed ropes or other types of anchor. It is the individual caver's responsibility to assess the condition of any fixed aids or in-situ equipment before chosing to use them,
All anchors should be checked before use. Twist the anchor using the fingers, while observing any movement. Slight flexing or rotational movement (+ / - 1mm) of the anchor is acceptable. The following points should be checked before using or loading the anchors:
- Looseness or fracture of the rock in which the anchor is placed.
- Grooves or abrasion inside the curvature of the anchor (i.e. the inside contact area of the anchor).
- Obvious damage to the anchor or placement from rock fall.
- Excessive rotation of the resin within the drilled hole.
- Rotation of the anchor within the resin.
- Fracturing of the rock within 20cm of the anchor placement.
- Egress of the anchor from the resin or resin from the drilled hole.