Cave Conservation Code
The Cave Conservation Code provide an easily remembered set of principles that when followed will help us preserve the underground world.
- Cave with care and thought for the environment.
- Disturb nothing whether living or geological.
- Avoid touching formations.
- Keep to marked routes and never cross conservation tapes.
- Take nothing but photographs.
- Do not pollute the cave, leave nothing behind.
Minimal Impact Caving Guidelines
The BCA has published Minimal Impact Caving Guidelines, these detail the measures that cavers should take to reduce our impact on caves when on purely recreational trips and when exploring new ground (including digs).
See the DCA site for guidance on digging, bats and other subjects.