Show cave open daily all year round as far as Bottomless Pit. Access beyond this point not normally permitted, except for specially approved projects. Connections from Peak Cavern & JH (James Hall Over Engine Mine) gated as part of management restriction on through trips.
The cave carries a large stream directly from the swallets of Rushup Edge to the resurgences of Russet Well and Slop Moll. It is seriously flood prone.
- Anon. (1981), The Lyre No.5., pp.14-15. sketch., Orpheus Caving Club.
- Cordingley, J.N. (1986), The Peak Cavern System - a Caver's Guide., Vitagraph, Didsbury, Manchester..
- Ford, T.D. (1956), Trans C.R.G. Vol.4. No.2., pp.101-119. Survey..
- Nixon, D.A. (1995), James Halls Over Engine Mine Survey., Descent No. 126., p.12., Wild Places Publishing.
- Pilkington, J., A View of the Present State of Derbyshire., pp.72-75..
- Puttrell, J.W. (1937), Caves and Caving (pre-war series) No.2., pp.44-47. Survey ske, British Cave Research Association.
- Puttrell, J.W. (1938), Caves and Caving (pre-war series) No.3., pp.85-88. Survey (se, British Cave Research Association.
- Puttrell, J.W. (1938), Caves and Caving (pre-war series) No.4., pp.125-126., British Cave Research Association.
- Shaw, R.P. (1983), B.C.R.A. Cave Science Vol.10. No.1., pp.1-8. Survey., British Cave Research Association.
- Simpson, E. (1954), B.S.A. Cave Science Vol.3. No.22., pp.267-273., British Speleological Association.
- T.S.G. (), Survey of the Peak/Speedwell Cave System., Technical Speleological Group.
- Warwick, G. (1947), British Caver No.17., pp.49-50..