Entrances located inside boundary of National Nature Reserve and access subject to terms of formal agreement between DCA & Natural England. No prior permission required, but all visiting groups must be affiliated to the British Caving Association.
Almost the whole cave floods to the roof in wet weather, and beyond Figures of Eight chamber in all but drought. Trips to the end are extremely arduous.
- Butcher, N.J.D. (1985), Jour. T.S.G. No.11., p.23., Technical Speleological Group.
- Coates, P. & Wicken, F. (1956), The Speleologist Vol.1. No.4., Survey..
- Gill, D.W. (1972), D.C.A. N/L No.12., p.3., Derbyshire Caving Association.
- Gill, D.W. (1977), Descent No. 35., p.8., Wild Places Publishing.
- Gill, D.W. (1976), D.C.A. N/L No.30., pp.10-12., Derbyshire Caving Association.
- Westlake, C.D. (1972), Eldon P.C. Journal Vol.8. No.1., pp.31-33. Survey., Eldon Pothole Club.